LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs using crane-less technology. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced technicians to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines. The majority of lifting services are performed using up-tower crane technology, which avoids the high cost and disruption of utilizing large conventional cranes on the ground.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
LEAD Technician (full-time)
This is a traveling position. The successful candidate(s) will travel extensively to worksites across the USA and Canada. Candidates can be based in either Canada or the continental USA, preferably close to a major airport.
POSITION OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Lead Technician is a field-based, customer-facing leadership role that provides large corrective repairs on wind turbines. This includes the complete replacement of wind turbine gearboxes, pitch bearings, main bearings, generators, yaw drives, and blades. In addition to providing corrective repairs to turbine equipment, the Lead Technician is an advanced trouble-shooter, specialized in both hydraulic and electrical systems. The Lead Technician is experienced with signalling cranes, and installs, operates, maintains, and mobilizes specialized up-tower lifting devices at customer sites. The successful candidate will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
This position reports to the Operations Manager, with daily project reporting to the Major Corrective Supervisor. If the Major Corrective Supervisor is not present at site, the Lead Technician is responsible for operational activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
– Minimum high school diploma.
– 3-10 years of field service experience is required, performing operations, maintenance, and/or corrective repairs on Siemens, General Electric, or Vestas turbines.
– Strong communication skills.
– A minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervising teams.
– Seasoned trouble-shooter, experienced with various electrical systems and hydraulic systems in wind turbines.
– Must be proficient in the use of tools and specialized equipment.
– A Liftra CO1+ certificate is a tremendous asset, but is not required.
– Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. A commercial truck driver’s license will be an asset, although not required.
– Experienced with signalling cranes.
– Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
– Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
– Ability to travel and provide service across North America; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification.