LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs, mainly using crane-less technology. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced personnel to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines. The majority of lifting services are performed using up-tower crane technology, which avoids the high cost and disruption of utilizing large conventional cranes on the ground.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
Crane Operator (full-time)
This is a traveling position. The successful candidate(s) will travel extensively to worksites across the USA and Canada. Candidates can be based in either Canada or the continental USA, preferably close to a major airport.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Crane Operator is a field-based, customer-facing role that performs large corrective repairs on wind turbines. This includes the complete replacement of wind turbine gearboxes, main shafts, generators, and blade bearings. The Crane Operator will operate telescopic cranes, mainly during wind turbine repairs which involve lifting wind turbine blades, rotors, and generators. Driving cranes and tractor-trailers between jobs sites is required. The successful candidate will also be required to perform standard rigging operations, tag lining, and ground work. The Crane Operator will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
This position reports to the Operations Manager, with daily project reporting to the Major Corrective Supervisor.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma.
- 5-15 years of field service experience is required. Previous experience performing crane lifts on wind turbines will be a tremendous asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- American applicants will require an NCCO hoisting license for mobile all-terrain or truck cranes.
- Canadian applicants will require a 339A hoisting license, based in Ontario.
- All applicants must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL, Class 1, or AZ).
- Must be mechanically-inclined, with a solid knowledge of rigging activities, and an ability to troubleshoot in the field.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
- Ability to travel and provide service across North America; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be the next addition to our growing team!