TRAINING MANAGER – North America
LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs using crane-less technology. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced technicians to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines. The majority of lifting services are performed using up-tower crane technology, which avoids the high cost and disruption of utilizing large conventional cranes on the ground.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
Training Manager (full-time)
This is a mobile position which also requires work at the home office. Although the successful candidate will be based in Cambridge, Ontario, regular travel will also be required to worksites across the USA and Canada. Candidates can be based in either Canada or the continental USA, preferably close to a major airport. Occasional working from home is also possible when performing administrative duties.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Training Manager is an internal role that is both office-based and field-based. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage day-to-day training activities throughout the North American business
- Provide training and mentorship of employees with respect to the launch and maintenance of new work procedures, software applications, and specialized equipment.
- Assess technicians with respect to their competence upon completion of training programs, and issue competency forms for external use.
- Provide certification of technicians after training programs are successfully completed.
- Provide onboarding of new employees.
- Update or write new training documents and course material, as necessary.
- After work procedures are updated, ensure that training that is provided to relevant technicians as necessary
This position reports to the Operations Manager, with regular contact with all other staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in wind energy O&M industry, specifically related to cranes, logistics, wind turbine major corrective repairs, as it relates to Field Work, Operations, and Planning
- Wind Energy Technician Diploma or Engineering Degree
- GWO Certified
- Strong communication skills.
- A Liftra CO1+ or LiftWerx up-tower crane operator’s certificate is valued but it is not necessary.
- Must be proficient in the use of tools and specialized equipment.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
- Ability to travel and provide service across North America.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be the next addition to our growing team!