PROJECT MANAGER – North America
LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs using crane-less technology. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced technicians to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines. The majority of lifting services are performed using up-tower crane technology, which avoids the high cost and disruption of utilizing large conventional cranes on the ground.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
Project Manager (full-time)
Although the successful candidate will be based in Cambridge, Ontario, regular travel will also be required to worksites across the USA and Canada.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager is an internal role that is office-based, with travel required to various worksites from time to time. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for day-to-day operational activities, relating to project planning, tooling, logistics, and administrative reporting to ensure that each project is executed to the highest possible standard.
- Prepare work packages for clients, ensuring that training and certification documents are complete and up to date as they relate to tools, personnel, and safety equipment.
- Work with field teams from time to time, performing audits as necessary, and solving problems related to client projects, equipment, or personnel.
- Perform site visits and interact with clients to plan projects and execute projects with the highest level of customer service
- Work closely with shop personnel and key suppliers such as KenzFigee to source maintenance services, training, troubleshooting, equipment or software updates, and process improvements for core equipment.
- Organize tooling and subcontractors for projects, including issuance of purchase orders and review/approval of invoices.
This position reports to the Operations Manager, with regular contact with all other staff.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in wind energy O&M industry, specifically related to cranes, logistics, wind turbine major corrective repairs, as it relates to Field Work, Operations, and Planning
- Wind Energy Technician Diploma or Engineering Degree
- GWO Certified
- Strong communication skills.
- A Liftra CO1+ or LiftWerx up-tower crane operator’s certificate is valued but it is not necessary.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Sharepoint, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
- Ability to travel and provide service across North America.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and you could be the next addition to our growing team!