LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs, utilizing both ground-based cranes as well as up-tower cranes. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced personnel to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic (full-time)
This position is based at our facilities in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. From time to time, the successful candidate(s) may be required to travel to worksites in order to trouble-shoot and perform remote repairs.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Heavy Vehicle Mechanic is a workshop-based role that performs pro-active and reactive repairs and maintenance on the company’s various equipment assets. This includes maintenance on ground-based cranes (which are primarily Liebherr machines), Liftra cranes, RotorHook™, GenHook™, Heli-Hook™ cranes, tractor-trailers, and other heavy equipment. The Heavy Vehicle Mechanic will establish and maintain relationships with field personnel, shop staff, and other office staff, as well as perform necessary administrative duties.
This position reports to the Shop Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Applicants shall possess a license as a heavy-duty vehicle mechanic.
- 5-15 years of relevant experience is required. Previous experience working on Liebherr all-terrain cranes is not absolutely required, but will be a tremendous asset.
- All applicants must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL, Class 1, or AZ), or alternatively, applicants must have the ability to obtain it.
- Must be mechanically-inclined, with a solid knowledge of cranes and rigging, and an ability to troubleshoot cranes in the field.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
- Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
- Ability to travel and provide services across North America and Europe from time to time.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be the next addition to our growing team!