LiftWerx is a specialized wind energy contractor which performs large corrective repairs, utilizing up-tower cranes, ground-based cranes, and engineered tooling. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced personnel to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines.
We invite you to join LiftWerx, where we are focused on raising the bar.
Shop Technician (full-time)
This position is based at our facilities in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. From time to time, the successful candidate(s) may be required to travel to worksites in order to troubleshoot or deliver equipment, and to perform remote repairs.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Shop Technician is a workshop-based role that performs pro-active and reactive repairs and maintenance on the company’s various equipment assets. This includes maintenance on Liftra cranes, RotorHook™, GenHook™, Heli-Hook™ cranes, Liebherr cranes, tractor-trailers, and other heavy equipment. The Shop Technician will establish and maintain relationships with field personnel, shop staff, and other office staff, as well as perform necessary administrative duties.
This position reports to the Shop Manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 2-5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably with a background in mechanics, electrical work, millwrighting, machining, and/or welding. Previous experience working with cranes or in wind turbines is not required, but will be a tremendous asset.
• All applicants must have a general drivers’ license with a good driving record. A commercial driver’s license (CDL, Class 1, or AZ) would be a tremendous asset.
• Must be mechanically-inclined.
• Must be able to read mechanical drawings and understand electric and hydraulic schematics.
• Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting.
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required.
• Ability to travel and provide services across North America from time to time.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be the next addition to our growing team!