LiftWerx is an engineering-based contractor which specializes in complex logistics and heavy-lift technology. LiftWerx offers both specialized equipment and experienced technicians to perform corrective repairs on a wide variety of wind turbines. The majority of lifting services are performed using up-tower crane technology, which avoids the high cost and disruption of utilizing large conventional cranes on the ground.
Wind Turbine Technician (full-time)
The successful candidate(s) will be based in Cambridge, Ontario, but will travel extensively to worksites across the USA and Canada.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Wind Turbine Technician is a field-based, customer-facing role that performs major corrective repairs on wind turbines. This includes the complete replacement of wind turbine gearboxes as well as the completion of up-tower gearbox repairs. In addition to providing corrective repairs to turbine equipment, the Wind Turbine Technician installs, operates, maintains, and mobilizes specialized up-tower lifting devices at customer sites. The successful candidate will establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers, as well as performing necessary administrative duties accurately.
This position reports to the LiftWerx Field Supervisor.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Minimum high school diploma
• 2-5 years of field service experience is required. Previous experience performing operations, maintenance, or corrective repairs on Siemens, General Electric, or Vestas turbines will be a tremendous asset.
• Strong communication skills
• Must be proficient in the use of tools and specialized equipment
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. A commercial truck driver’s license will be an asset, although not absolutely required.
• Must be able to work both individually and in an established team setting
• Willing to work different shifts as business needs dictate, including willingness to work long shifts as required
• Ability to travel and provide service across North America; willingness to participate in an on-call rotation after training and certification
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be the next addition to our growing team!